Monday, November 28, 2011

Broadway Holiday


For me, when I think about the upcoming holiday season, visions of sugar plums are not the only thing dancing in my head. When I close my eyes and imagine Christmas, I see our tree set up in the living room, I feel the heat coming off of the crackling fireplace and I hear Christmas music playing on the stereo.

For me, no Christmas scene is complete without Christmas music. I couldn’t imagine writing my Christmas cards without listening to “Christmas Time is Here Again” or “O’ Holy Night.”

If you are like me and enjoy your fair share of Christmas music, you will want to visit The State Theatre Center for the Arts in Downtown Uniontown for Neil Berg’s “Broadway Holiday” at 8 p.m. Dec. 3.

The Christmas spirit will be alive and well at the State Theatre as they present Neil Berg’s critically acclaimed musical revue. Broadway alumni along with musical director Berg and a three piece orchestra will take the audience on a journey featuring favorite holiday classics as well as musical selections from Broadway hits like “My Fair Lady,” “South Pacific,” “Jersey Boys” and “Wicked.”

Vocalists performing with “Broadway Holiday” include Carter Calvert from “Cats,” “Ain’t Nothin’ But the Blues” and “Smokey Joe’s CafĂ©;” Jeffry Denman of “How to Succeed…,” “The Producers” and “White Christmas;” Rita Harvey of “Fiddler on the Roof,” “Oklahoma” and “Phantom of the Opera;” “Marc Kudisch of “9 to 5,” “Thoroughly Modern Millie” and “Wild Party;” and Ivan Rutherford of “Les Miserables” and “Titanic.”

If you are interested in kicking off your holiday season with the sounds of Broadway, be sure to contact the box office at 724-439-1360 or toll free at 1-800-397-2554.

No comments:

Post a Comment